In 2011, property owners Bob and Ann Gibson led an effort to enhance the entry of The Peninsula neighborhood. Following are images, which automatically changes from the “Before” to the “After” and back again.
Other improvements included:
- Similar treatment to both sides of the entry
- Removal of plants and lawn around center kiosk, replacing them with large, flat rocks
- Removal of plants/bushes in front of main rock “sign”
- Reduction in the amount of lawn wherever possible, saving water and energy
- Use of drip irrigation wherever possible
- Refreshed mulch to a darker, longer-lasting variety.